Sunday, November 9, 2008

11.9.2008

I entered Studio 414's contest a month ago, and instead of $5 a photo, they raised it to $35 a photo. I entered in 3 photos and didn't win. They sent out an email and said since they raised the price, you could enter in 4 free photos if you enter 1 at regular price. I was really excited, so i decided to enter 5 photos. I ended up winning 2nd place!! The prize was $300. I had a week where I was feeling very uncreative and not so great about my photography and this was just the most encouraging thing to get a call from Kate saying "hey, you won 2nd place" - I still kind of can't believe it.

Here is the photo of Jill Yoder that won.


Thanks Studio 414!

www.studio414contest.com

5 comments:

Matt DeBenedictis said...

Congrats! Beautiful shot. I know that feeling of uncreative; it's sludgy and mossy. Last time I truly felt like that I was awakened in a similar way with some accepted publishing.

Anonymous said...

Congrats!! That turned out pretty good, huh?

Cameron Lawrence said...

Awesome!! Well done, brother.

Anonymous said...

prouda you!

Lesley said...

wonderful andy! love the picture of kate as well. let me know what's good for you to shoot matilda, you award winning photographer you.

Followers